3 Keys To Digital Marketing Success

By January 24, 2017Digital Marketing
3 keys to digital marketing success

If you are like most small and medium businesses you struggle to understand the value of digital marketing and the value it can bring to your company. The fact is if you INVEST in digital marketing (yes this is an investment, NOT an expense) chances are in time you will be Found online and if you can present yourself as an expert in the industry with a Professional website and have turned customers into raving fans with a tons of online reviews by being Recommended your business will grow. According to the Small Business Administration you should be investing 7 to 8 percent of your revenue on marketing.

Here is why?

There are 100 billion searches done on the internet every month. Hundreds if not thousands of these are local searches from people looking for YOUR products and services in your local area. If you are not tapping into this sea of potential business growth I can assure you your competitors are and you are stunting the growth of your business.

Be Found: Optimizing your website both in content and SEO technical aspects is more important than ever. (Here is more about what Google has to say about content) but in general make sure you follow these high level guidelines for Google to best rank/list your website.

Useful and informative content
More valuable and useful than other sites
Credible content
High quality content
Engaging content

SEO specific areas to research (What is SEO?):

Title tags
Meta Data
H1 and H2 tags
Sitemap
Robot.txt
Links
Page Structure
Keyword Planning (Keyword Research & Strategy with Keyword Planner)

Be Professional: Do not let the success of your website fall to DIY systems or inexperience of so called web designers. The knowledge of putting a website together accounts for about 25% of the success of a businesses web presence. Do not fail to implement the other 75% of what makes a website successful and turns visitors into customers.  Some of the key factors in good web design and development are:

Good Visual Design
Content
Navigation
Call to Action
Credibility
Mobile site

Be careful of things that can make visitors not trust your site or leave:

Errors such as broken links or wrong information
Grammar or spelling mistakes
Excessive amount of ads
Spam such as comment or forum spam

Be Recommended: 97% of people looking for products and services read online reviews before selecting a business. 67% base buying decisions on online reviews and 88% of consumers trust a Google review as much as a personal recommendation from a friend. Too succeed in getting a steady stream of positive reviews you need to do 2 things.

a. First you have to ASK – people will not take the initiative here unless you ask them to recommend your business or service. More times than not if you do not ask the only people that write reviews are ones that were dissatisfied and that is bad for business.

b. Second you have to make it easy – You need a one click option directly to your review site of choice. You want your customers to have options to review you on the most popular outlets like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Yelp. Reviews on other proprietary systems mean little.

Looking for a Review Management System? We have the right solution for you with our Online Review Management product.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

If we can help educate you further on digital marketing do not hesitate to reach out to us. Call or text 281-460-0235